CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Deep sea fishing or flat tire?

Ben was on another "workation" this week. This week just happened to be Spring Break. And where did the poor soul have to spend his time? West Palm Beach. I know. Just awful. His accommodations were, however, slightly under "par" as his room looked out over the driving range and not the golf course at the PGA National Resort and Spa.

And that gift certificate to the spa he received upon arrival was barely enough to cover a bikini wax. You'll have to ask him about that.

So I suppose you might be asking what little goodies did they have for him at this Leadership conference? Just a Kindle. You know the little book reading thing that costs a couple hundred dollars.

And who do you suppose was the entertainment for the big dinner? Dennis Miller . . . the comedian.

I'm not jealous. My accommodations for the week looked out over grass too. I don't intend on wearing a bikini so I don't need a gift certificate to a spa. I really don't like to read so a Kindle would be useless. And I don't think I possess the manners or ability to stay up late for a fancy dinner anymore. So it really wouldn't be that great a trip for me. However. I must admit his "outing" was much more fun than mine(even if I do get seasick).

His consisted of a nice leisurely afternoon of deep sea fishing. Blue waters and a big catch.

Mine consisted of a frantic afternoon with a flat tire. Blue tears and a big nail.



No comments: