CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Van.

I have a love / hate relationship with my van. I love that it has been a good vehicle with few problems. I hate that it is a van. I love that it has lots of room for friends, extra family members, snacks, trash, clothing and anything else that we can cram in. I hate that it is a van. I love that it has taken us on many fun, family outings. I hate that it is a van.

That brings me to today. I'm not sure where to categorize the many conversations I've had with my kids in the van. Sometimes I love them, sometimes, not so much. I'll let you decide for yourself about the following:

Ally : "My thumb hurts."

Mom: "Where did you hurt it?"

Ally : "In the shower."

Mom: (I was expecting her to say it was from learning to dive off those dumb blocks at swim practice) "How did you hurt it in the shower?"

Ally: "You know the thing you use to get hair off your legs?"

Mom: "My razor?"

Ally: "Yes. My legs were itching from the hair so I shaved them. How are you supposed to do it?"

Mom: "I'm really not wanting to tell you until I check out your legs. Did you take the cover off the blade?"

Ally: " Well of course."

Mom: "Did you run your thumb over the blade?"

Ally: "Yep"

Mom: "Did it bleed?"

Ally: "No."

Mom: "You really shouldn't have done that."

Ally: "Well you should've come back to the shower."

Mom: "Well you shouldn't mess with grown up stuff. Did you really shave your legs?"

Ally: "Yes. Why? When are you supposed to shave your legs?"

Mom: "I guess when you're 12. I'm going to need to see your legs when we get home."

Hayden: (after feeling Ally's legs and giggling) "Yep, she shaved 'em."

Ally: "I think you should buy Daddy one of those like you have. Was I supposed to use shaving cream?"

Mom: "I'll tell you when you are 12. What do you think your punishment should be?"

Ally: "I guess not take a shower in your bathroom ever again."

Mom: "Ally, that's not punishment, that is FACT. "

Thank goodness she didn't find Ben's head razor and decide her scalp itched.

No comments: