CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Trot





We made it!!!  Hayden and I ran the Turkey Trot 5K.  Yep, over 3 miles of Mother, Daughter bonding.  Our goal was to finish in 1 hour.  We made it in a little over 46 minutes.  Of course, I have a funny.  The run took place at UAH, our old stomping grounds.  The course was up around the school and down past the duck pond , turn around and go back the way you came.  There is a small incline at the start and then a hill at about mile 1.  We ran off and on without much "discussion" until the return trip about mile 2.5.  Many of the speed walkers were starting to catch us and being the competitive person I tend to be in certain situations, I just couldn't let that happen.  And there was another Mother, Daughter team that was doing about the same as us, but maybe not the seasoned athletes I thought we should be.  I could sense a little resistance and was trying to motivate my partner to keep it going we were almost finished.  Perhaps, I was "motivating" a little to aggressively.  So a nice old lady was speed walking past me, Hayden was about 10 steps behind me and I'm walking backwards so I can make sure she hears me encouraging her.  The lady says(in a very defensive tone), "Has she ever done 3 miles before".  My reply, "Nope.  But she is today."  No further discussion.  I was very proud of Hayden's big sprint to the finish.  If you recall from previous blogs this is how I like to finish and unlike my previous running partner, I did discuss how we should finish this race.  Hayden even beat me to the finish and has won a free room cleaning and clothes washing!  I'll be signing us(some combination of me, Hayden and Ally) up for the Rudolph run in December.  Anybody else want to join in?

No comments: