CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ally's "Crikemis" or Crismice" list

Ally is a middle child in a big way.  Stuck between a pre-puberty older sister and terrible-two twin brothers she has to fight for attention.  Don't feel too bad for her, she knows how to get my attention(she can really send Ben into orbit!) and yet she is quite clever at laying low and doing her own thing.  I give you all this information about her so that when I tell you she came home with all 100's, not just A's, no red marks anywhere, no backward letters or numbers, straight 100's, you will understand.  I don't work with her on her spelling or her math.  She reads to me her circle 7 and books for her web log.  That's it.  Yesterday was "bring home graded papers day" and there they were, all 100's, again.  So as I was looking through the rest of her folder, I came across a Santa letter she wrote in class.  I am going to write it exactly as she had it:

Dear Santa.  fer Crikemis I wunt Hiscoolmuscal Bobeblols Becus my Sicedr has thum.  and i wunt fer Crismice a Big tedeber to slepe with.  and i wut a Lab Dog webcis so I can log it in to webkis.  Love Ally

My interpretation:

Dear Santa, For Christmas I want High school musical barbie dolls because my sister has them.  I want for Christmas a big teddy bear to sleep with.  And I want a Lab dog webkins so I can log it into webkins.
love, Ally

I don't know why I found it so funny, but I did.  I hope you see the humor as well.  By the way,  I have it from a good source that the elves have only made 1 of the 3 items for Ally so far.  They better get their act together.  Let's just hope she doesn't come home with a different list today.  Also, Ally has shown interest in drama.  Ok, we've noticed she is very good at acting so we are pursuing it.  There were auditions for The Miracle Worker Monday night.  She and I went.  I had no idea what to expect.  We went into a big "practice" room with bleachers with people from Ally's age up to early 50's maybe.  You fill out an audition form and select the character(s) you are trying out for.  I put "blind girls".  Let's start small.  They called up the only other girl near Ally's age (she was 8) and let her try to be Helen.  The lady in charge told her what to do and the girl acted it out.  They called Ally's name next.  They wanted to know if she wanted to try for Helen.  I told her we were starting small since this was our first time.  They asked Ally, "do you want to try out for Helen?"  Yes, I do.  So she went out in front of all these people and acted out the scene the lady gave her.  No hesitation, no fear.  She did great.  I thought she did just a good as the other girl.  They moved on to some other scenes and then asked if the girls would take turns being Helen and let those trying out for Anne Sullivan work with them.  So Ally and Marley took turns.  Again, I think she did great.  So they announced 2 of the characters and some of the blind students.  The lady in charge let all the "children" those aged 10-15 go.  To end a long story (and late night) we were there until 9:30.  They used Ally and Marley in a couple of other scenes and them announced the cast.  Marley was given the part of the littlest blind student and a girl from the previous night was given the part of Helen.  Ally's name was not called.  She was a little disappointed, as was I, but once she realized we could go see the play, she was once again the happy go lucky Ally we all know and love.  

No comments: