CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 30, 2009

No more play . . . until the next one.

Ally is already talking about "signing up" for the next play.  We'll wait and explain to her that once in a play doesn't necessarily mean always in a play.  I think one of the cast members from The Miracle Worker is helping direct it - Kate Keller also known as Sam Musto.  I would love for Ally to be in a play with Sam.  And I think Sam really likes Ally.  She helped the girls decorate Ally's mirror on Friday for her birthday and helped make it a special day.    She had to perform at 9:30 and again at 7:30 and Ben was also in school on Friday.  But I think after opening the DS games, the new movies, the desk, the big batch of barbies, all her money, a "big girl" spend the night bag, her 7 figurine  and all the supplies for her desk it turned out to be a good birthday. 

Ben and I learned a lot about all this "play" business.  Here are a couple of lessons learned:
1)  You do not have to buy tickets to all the shows.
2)  Someone will get upset with somebody at some point.  
3)  It is a tiresome schedule to maintain . . . especially for the parents.
4)  Take a camera.
5)  Punctuality is not required.(Ben especially liked this one - me not so much.)
Otherwise, this was a really good experience for all of us.  I think Ben and I agreed that of all the activities the kids have been involved in(and believe us, we've been "involved" in many!) this ranks up at the top.
Here are some pictures from Saturday's show.
Her photo on the actors display.
Signing autographs for her many fans.
" I finally got flowers!"

No comments: