CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

The journey of OUR EMBA.




Our wondrous journey all started  just 2 short years ago,
Twin 1 year old boys and 2 pre-puberty girls: sure honey, to college you must go!

An Executive MBA from Vanderbilt he needed,
"Couldn't you have done this before kids?", I desperately pleaded.

No, the timing was now, it would help him move up the workplace ladder.
So after he was accepted, funded and taken for a shopping trip to Staples; he couldn't be gladder.

I, on the other-hand, was a little more reserved in my emotion,
I know what my life looks like with four kids in constant locomotion!

They kicked off the program in New Harmony with a week long retreat,
"Oh, we're working hard" all week to me on the phone he would repeat.

Yeah, right, I'm no fool, I can hear in the back ground,
lots of laughing and talking and goofing around!

We must persevere and complete what we've begun.
So off to Vandy every other weekend for long, strenuous days with no fun.

Back in Huntsville, four kids and a wife
were making the best of our "living with a grad student" life.

When Daddy was home, he spent a lot of time studying and on conference calls with his team,
Keeping 4 kids quiet for a 3 hour conference call on Saturday morning, I could just SCREAM!

It was a stressful 2 years filled with frustration and sometimes tears,
WE MADE IT, WE MADE IT I can shout in everyone's ears!

Graduation was Friday, the big horrendous grand finale of this lengthy event,
It was outside in what the girls described as a circus tent. 

My parents and I with the kids in tow,
 arrived 15 minutes early to witness the show.

Who forgot to tell the main speaker at the coliseum to cut it short?
I think they decided to start the ceremony 1 hour and 15 minutes late for sport.

I wasn't amused as I entertained 2 2-year old boys,
with nothing but me and some sticks for toys.

The girls kept their cool as they tried their best to see,
Our family have it's minute of glee.

The ceremony ended and we headed for a drink,
the place didn't have anything strong enough for Pop pop I think!

Ben joined us and I wanted some proof of us being there,
All that I can see in the photos are tears and disheveled hair(except Ben)!

I know Ben sacrificed time with his kids and me and worked really hard,
late nights, early mornings shows in our added pounds of lard.

Relax honey, enjoy time at home with me, the girls and the boys,
You can cook, do laundry, iron, settle disputes, fix toilets, clean out disposals, cut the grass and each night pick up toys!

You will have plenty of time to bond with us,
Cause I'm the one catching the next graduate school bus!

Just a final note in my lengthy rhyme,
Thanks Mom and Dad for taking the time,
to be there for me on Friday morning,
and sorry Dad, the po po  should have given you a warning.


No comments: