CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Let's look at the figures.



Ally getting ready to receive her all A's medal.

Hayden just after receiving her A/B medal.

Even though I no longer make money being a mathematician, I can't break the habit.  I think in numbers.  The girls' award ceremonies were this week.  So let me explain in "figures":

0.9 - the difference between the A honor roll and A/B honor roll for Hayden

1.0 - the number of additional books Ally needed to read to receive an award for reading so many books

2.0 - the number of books Hayden needed to complete this year in Awanas to be "on course" with her peers

2.0 - the number of books Ally will need to complete next year to get the Sparky Award in Awanas with her peers

6.0 - the number of AR points Hayden needed to get the "100 AR points" award

Ben and I are very proud of the girls for what they accomplished this year.  Especially with the added stress of Daddy in school.  However, they felt very much defeated this week.  I will accept some of the responsibility:
  • I was ignorant to the way you reach goals in Awanas.  
  • I was oblivious to Hayden's poor test grade in Reading.  
  • I was misled in the AR goals.  
  • I was misguided in Ally's book reading.  
I know, it is finished and we need to move on.  And move on we will.  So, here's to summer and lots, and lots of reading!


Pictures from the Awana awards ceremony



 



No comments: