CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 26, 2009

A word from flower plucking star dancer.


Our Thanksgiving festivities kicked in as soon as we crossed the finish line. Our annual trip to Walmart for items I had forgotten, watching the parade, finishing cooking / icing my dishes and loading up to head to Nina's. The girls were a big help with all the food.

Dinner was yummy. Ben said I did good at my first attempt at dressing. The cranberry relish was good(anything with that much sugar should be!), but my sweet potato balls were a little scary. Of course, everything else was great. I love Thanksgiving food.

After we stuffed ourselves, we moved the party downstairs for a performance. Hayden had worked really hard writing, directing and producing the Thanksgiving story. She even had typed scripts and cast lists. The grand finale was the reading of our Indian names. She even included the dogs.

We moved back upstairs for dessert. But wait, don't eat that yet, we need to get a family picture. Come on 3 year olds, move away from the ice cream and sprinkles. Next year I think Pop Pop needs to run in the Turkey Trot with us - his sprint from the camera to the group was fantastic. I believe it even had Ally doubled over laughing in one picture.

Back to dessert. The chocolate pie went fast. The coconut cake was also a big hit. So big, in fact, that Ben tweeted about it. The pumpkin pie, yum, I about had it all to myself!

We ended the day with a gameplan for Black Friday and retreated to our homes to rest up. However, there were 3 nuts up at midnight already looking for deals. I guess the others are wimps!

No comments: