CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Activities


We've kicked off our Easter "week" with several fun activities.  On Sunday, while Ally was at a Birthday party, Hayden and her cousin, Erin(daughter of my sister Robin whom I've written about several times) made an Easter house.  I have refused to purchase a gingerbread making house in the past but for some reason felt it completely necessary to buy a kit to make a bunny house.  I've lost brain cells over the years.  Or, I'm tired of fighting.  In my defense, it was on sale. 



















Last night we were persuaded (ok, really just me, but Ben went along with it) to dye eggs.  If I were a smart person, I would have put the boys to bed and let the girls have at it.  However, I am more of a "let's ALL have this life experience together" kind of person, so there we were - 18 hard-boiled eggs, 6 different colors, a million stickers, 1 wax crayon, egg wrappers that don't work at our house, Hannah Montana egg holders, 2 dippers, 4 kids and 2 adults.  I prepared the area and made the executive decision to operate the camera.  Thirty minutes later we had 17 dyed and decorated eggs,  40 colored fingers and 1 broken kitchen chair.   We can now put a check mark next to "egg dying" on our list of family life experiences for this year. 





Our beautiful eggs!






No comments: