CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter.

Joshua
Caleb
Ally
Hayden

We've had a pretty big weekend.  It started with getting to go to a "grown-up" social outing at one of Ben's professor's "manors".  I've seen stuff like this on T.V., but had no idea real people live like this.  It was amazing.  The best room in the house was the laundry room.  Ben's favorite was the media room . . . something about a fur blanket.  

Sunday morning was filled with finding baskets, scrounging around for breakfast (or not), putting everybody's ensemble on and doing hair (or not).  We were able to take pictures BEFORE church and still make it on time.  Sunday school was very entertaining with "no coffee Ben" helping.  He was very patient as he argued over no more chocolate milk!  I stayed in Worship Care for church and Ben and the girls went to big church.  I moved up to the 3's which seems so much easier.  I must say though I don't know what these parents are doing to these kids.  They wanted  a banana instead of cookies.  I guess that means more for me.  Cookies that is.  After church, we zipped by the house for a quick change and to pick up Easter baskets for Nina and Pop Pop.  Then it was straight to Starbuck's.  I could sense the relief.  We went to Nina's for a rather quiet dinner(Pop Pop didn't have much to say and the Evan's family and Kelley family were MIA).  We hung around until the boys couldn't maintain the chocolate "buzz" and we headed to Wal-Mart for a weather radio.  

I must say I heard something this Easter that I don't think a parent should ever have to say to their child and I said something no child should have to say to their parent:

(P to c)  "If you have to dig in your crack to get it, don't put it back in their basket"
(C to P) " There are no brown jelly beans."


No comments: