CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Dashing through the garden between raindrops.




Fall break day one. Everyone was playing nicely when I decided to stir it up. The rain had stopped and I thought it was in the family's best interest to get some fresh air. Pack it up, let's move, let's move. Off to the Botanical Gardens for the scarecrow trail. We had 1 hour and 45 minutes until swim practice. No lingering at the scarecrows and stay out of the wet grass. Everybody smile and no complaining. Now, have fun. I must say it was a fun trip. The kids enjoyed finding the scarecrows and I was successful at getting some pictures. I was able to motivate the kids to navigate the corn maze in record time. On the way in to the gardens, Hayden was commenting on the desserts the cafe was serving. While I was waiting (forever) for Ally to come out of the bathroom and Hayden had the boys at the train, I snuck into the cafe and bought a piece of chocolate caramel pecan cake and a coke. When we got to the maze I told the kids that when I said go, they should start the maze and I would start eating the cake. If they made it out quickly, they might get a bite, if not, well too bad for them. I only got one bite.


No comments: