CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Shopping with my sweetie.

Better late than never.

Ben and I have been trying to find time to go out together and shop for the kids. Much to my chagrin, we have done a lot of divide and conquer. He did the books, Bibles and devotionals and I did, well, everything else. I'm not complaining. I love searching for the best deal. I'm not above buying it and then returning to the store if it goes on sale. I've been known to get other family members involved in my price haggling. I'm also an internet researcher. Do you know how many deals there are at Target online?

I'll get back on track. We finally decided to get a kid sitter and spend most of Tuesday shopping. A couple of nights before our shopping trip, we laid out all the purchases and tried to figure out what was left. We also started wrapping. And by we, I mean me. Ben started releasing Barbies and trucks from their secure wrapping. Our plan was to 1. Not stay up until 2 am wrapping Christmas Eve and 2. Get the most of our neighbors trash can. Success on both parts by the way. After analyzing our purchase, we discover that what is missing is clothing. Ben's favorite.

I will say he did really well on our trip. I eased him in slowly with a trip to Target to purchase a Venti coffee and some cars for the boys. Then we hit Bridge Street. A trip to Old Navy and Justice and we finished in time to grab some lunch.

What we did after lunch will shock the world. Are you sitting down?

We took the Big Blue Truck through the Goo Goo car wash.

Still there?

I even cleaned the car mats and vacuumed my side.

I win the wife award for sure.

No comments: